Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pump Up the Jam! (I mean, my jams)

Sometimes I fell as if kids these days really understand the meaning behind their favorite songs.  Like, I know that Drake can motivate the fuck outta you, but it's not much else.  Back in my day bands sang songs that had a deeper meaning than, "Sluts are good,"  *wink, wink.*  As I'm writing this, I've got THE Classic Rock Radio going on Pandora, and Pink Floyd, in my eyes, is one of the best bands in the world.  Some other greats include; Rush, the Who, Van Halen, Boston, U2, Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi, Duran Duran, Jimi Hendrix and Kenny Lodgins.  Why haven't kids been introduced to these guys?  I know that the best thing that my parents ever did for me was drill these and more into my head.  Give me a classic rock song, and I can probably name it within the first minute (maybe).  So it just really pisses me off when I'm playing a song and my sister walks in and goes, "Turn that shit off!  Put on some Carly Rae Jepsen or something good."  And it takes all the willpower in the world to resist throwing her out the window.

Well, this is CA, signing off.  Stay tuned.... and be good humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment