Thursday, October 11, 2012

Let Me Explain.

Ok, so I know I posted a Poke'Mon picture in the last post, and I said I would explain that.  Well, this is me, explaining.  When I was younger (like 13), I would play Poke'Mon day and night.  I had all the games, quite a few cards, and the knowledge to fuck people up in Wi-Fi battles.  Seriously, I wasn't just good, I was freaking AMAZING.  Me and my cousin (who is now 9) would play everyday when I would go to see him in Phoenix, for four days at a time.  I was obsessed. This guy was a big inspiration to me cause he's like twenty or thirty and still kicking ass in Poke'Mon.  I know this sounds, like, really stupid, a guy in high school raving about some stupid game for kids, but I am a true Poke'Advocate, if you will.  Playing the game was a great experience for my young life, because it had so many lessons to teach.  Don't focus to much on one strength, because you are only as strong as your weakest link.  Save your money for things you need, don't spend them on the bright and shining scams.  There are many types of people in the world, some that are there to lift you up, others to challenge you, and still others to break you.  Friendships endure every hardship.  And that's only a few that I can pick out.  If you want to look it up, Joseph Tobin wrote a book on the subject called Pikachu's Global Adventure: The Rise and Fall of Poke'Mon and in it he brings up a few points that would prove my parents wrong that it was just a dumb game.  That "dumb game" was the highlight of my childhood, my life, if you want to be extreme.

Well, this is CA, signing off.  Stay tuned.... and be good humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment