Friday, October 19, 2012

A New Chapter.

I think that having a girlfriend could be either A.) the best thing that can happen to a guy, or B.)  the cause of the guy's complete destruction.  In all my experiences, however, there seems to be an ideal balance of the two.  At the start of a new relationship, everything takes some getting used to.  You have a person by your side that really cares about you, and you spend as much time with them as you do with your regular friends.  You learn a lot about their likes, dislikes, hates, loves, and secrets (Dudes, this is only if your super lucky.).  Usually, though, my relationships barely extend beyond this point (Which is only about three weeks, four if I really work at it, but girls tend to do exactly what the picture at left explains).  I finally felt some hope Freshman year in February, when a girl that I had known since grade school asked me to a dance.  You know, as friends.  It turned into a nine-month relationship that was the best experience I had had up to that point in the whole "dating" arena.  After we broke up almost a year later because "we're to busy to stay together" (she was cheating on me), I went back to my old ways.  I dated a girl I had gone out with twice before for about three months, then we had a massive fight and broke up.  That relationship left me bitter and upset, but I found courage to ask out a girl I had been chasing since I first met her (we were in Spanish 1 together and she was terrible!).  I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  It was the hardest relationship I had ever had.  We lasted about five months, then she said (again) that "she was to busy for me.  You deserve better."  I'll admit, it was nice the way she put it, but it crushed me.  I swore I wouldn't go into another relationship, and I didn't for a whole year.  I was involved with on-and-off flings with a few girls during that period, but one stuck with me.  She was a senior, and we had a good time while we were together, but I was just not feeling it.  Ridicule from teammates, friends, and family finally took their toll.  We broke up after four months.  Again, I promised to remain single for the rest of high school, but an amazing thing happened; a surprise question that rocked my world.  You all know that story.  :)   After that, I found the happiness that comes with a new person.  I'm enjoying every minute of it.  Thank the Lord for shy girls ;).

Well, this is CA, signing off.  Stay tuned.... and be good humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment